I made my way back to work in engine. The AeonGUI project is still going on, but I realized that it should serve the engine primarily, and I was worrying too much on it being standards compliant, and code complete when the reality is that getting such a project to the completeness I was envisioning is just as large a task as creating the game engine. Even if I made the agent as good as Chrome or Firefox, that does not guarantee that other people would use it or be interested in it. So instead of creating something for an imaginary client and then adapt that product into the engine, I figure to work on the GUI as needed by the engine, and keep both projects moving forward in parallel.